Traffic and transportation plan
Transportation plans describe the steps you will take to manage the movement of people into and out of the area for your event.
Things to consider
When thinking about your event, you should consider the following:
- How will people coming to your event get there?
- Can you encourage the use of alternative transportation? (For example, transit, carpool, bike, etc.)
- Where will people who are driving to the event park? (Keep in mind many neighbourhood parking areas are controlled by a Parking Permit Program.)
NOTE: This is not a definitive list and you are responsible for being prepared for any unexpected situations that may occur during your event.
As well, the FEST committee may require more information. You are responsible for providing information to the satisfaction of the FEST committee.
- Describe your plans for moving people to and from your event.
- Describe any extra pressure you anticipate on the transportation system (Translink, Skytrain, roadways, etc.), and how you plan to handle it.
To help you plan out your transportation plan, talk the the resources listed below for more information and ideas.