If you needed a building permit, a development permit, or a development-building permit to do construction-related work, several inspections are needed for most construction or renovation projects.
- If an inspection request is received before 2:00pm on a business day, the inspection will be booked for the following business day.
- If an inspection request is received any time during the weekend or on a holiday, the inspection will be booked for two business days later.
- If you want to receive a confirmation call from the inspector before the inspection, leave your name and phone number when booking your inspection.
- The length of the inspection itself will vary, depending on how much work must be inspected, and what the inspector finds once on site.
- While on site, the inspector will note the results of the inspection directly on the approved plans, which should be kept on site in the provided inspection bag.
Booking an inspection
To book an inspection for permitted work, call one of the following:
- 3-1-1 (outside Vancouver 604-873-7000)
- the 24-hour Building Inspection line at 604-873-7058
When you request an inspection, have the following information on hand:
- Permit Number
- Address of inspection site
- Type of inspection required
All requests made before 2:00pm will be booked for the following business day.