Notices of amendments to land use and development policies and guidelines
This electronic version is amended up to February 2, 2016.
(Note to subscribers: The most recent paper update is amended up to January 1, 2009. Subsequent amendments which may appear in this electronic consolidation will be included in a future update package.)
Explanation of amendments since March 15, 2014
- Strata Title Policies for RS, RT and RM Zones (177 KB) was revised to include the RM-7AN and RM-9-BN zones, effective October 4, 2016.
- RM-7AN Guidelines (2.2 MB) were adopted by Council on October 4, 2016.
- RM-9, RM-9A, RM-9N, RM-9AN, and RM-9BN Guidelines (45 MB) have replaced the former RM-9, RM 9A, RM-9N and RM-9AN Guidelines, effective October 4, 2016.
- RM-9, RM 9A, RM-9N and RM-9AN Guidelines (27.7 MB) have replaced the former RM-9 and RM-9N Guidelines, effective February 2, 2016.
- Strata Title Policies for RS, RT and RM Zones (177 KB) was revised to replace all references to the former RM-9 and RM-9N zone with the "RM-9, RM-9A, RM-9N and RM-9AN" zone, effective February 2, 2016.
- Passive House Guidelines for RS-1 (1.81 MB) were adopted by Council on November 3, 2015 to inform applicants seeking to build a home meeting the Certified Passive House standard on a RS-1 zoned property.
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C and RM-5D Guidelines (25 MB) were revised by Council on July 7, 2015 to replace the "West End Residential Neighbourhoods" map in Figure 1 with a new, updated map.
- Guidelines for Retail Dealers – Medical Marijuana-Related Uses Near Youth Facilities (125 KB) was adopted by Council on June 24, 2015.
- 1551 Quebec Street, 1600 Ontario Street, and 95 East 1st Avenue (Southeast False Creek Areas 3A and 3B) Design Guidelines (1.03 MB) was adopted by Council on June 23, 2015.
- Farmers' Market Guidelines (135 KB) were updated by Council on June 9, 2015.
- Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalization Agreements During Cambie Corridor Phase 3 Planning Process (132 KB) was adopted by Council on April 15, 2015.
- Bird Friendly Guidelines (270 KB) and Bird Friendly Guidelines - Explanatory Note (13 MB) were approved by Council on January 20, 2015, effective April 24, 2015, to support bird friendly building design and landscaping throughout the city.
- Northeast False Creek Directions for the Future (16 MB) was adopted by Council on November 17, 2009, and supercedes False Creek North: Land Use Policy – Special Event, Festival and Entertainment Functions, which has been removed from the webpage.
- Public Art Policy and Procedures for Rezoned Developments (452 KB) was approved by Council on July 23, 2014.
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198 KB) updated by Council on June 25, 2014.
- Downtown Eastside Plan (7.5 MB) was adopted by Council on March 15, 2014.
- Vancouver Heritage Register (510 KB) has been updated to November 24, 2015, to reflect Council approval of additions at public hearings up to November 2015.
- Policies and Guidelines for Upgrading Rooms Designated under the Single Room Accommodation (SRA) Bylaw 8733, Interim Liquor Policy for the Downtown Eastside, and Micro Dwelling Policies and Guidelines are now posted as part of the Downtown Eastside Local Area Plan adopted by Council on March 15, 2014.