To help reduce the frustrations of waiting in line to apply for a permit – or to ask general questions about zoning, development, and building issues – we use an appointment booking system. You can skip the line and book appointments for a variety of permit services including:
- Enquiries and advice for zoning, building, and development
- Application submissions for development and building permits (these include everything from demolitions to minor additions to new mixed use buildings)
When are appointments required?
Appointments are required for the following services:
- Application submissions for the Tenant Improvement Program (TIPS), development permits, and more complex building permits.
Appointments are available – but not required – for the following services:
- Enquiries and advice about zoning, building, and development permit applications
- Application submissions for minor interior and exterior alterations, demolition, and garage permits, tenant improvements that qualify for field review, additions, and alterations to single family dwellings
How to book an appointment
To book an appointment, call: 604-873-7611, Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm starting November 4, 2013.
Most appointments can be booked over the phone at 604-873-7611. There are a few exceptions:
- Building permit applications submitted through the Certified Professional (CP) program. To request a pre-application meeting or to open a building permit, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development permit applications with an assigned project facilitator. Applicants should continue to arrange application submission directly with their project facilitator.
- Pre-application appointments with planners. Learn about the new process for requesting a meeting below.