How to report an dog bite or attack
Phone 3-1-1 or use the VanConnect app.
Provide as much detail as possible, including:
- What happened?
- When and where did it happen? Do you have an exact address?
- What does the dog look like?
- What is the contact information of the dog owner and any witnesses?
- Do you have photos of injuries, before and after treatment, that include date information?
- Was there any hair removed, bruising, torn clothing, or broken collars?
- When did you document the incident?
Need to follow up?
If you have information to add to your report, phone 3-1-1. Give your contact information so we can reach you if needed.
How we respond
We'll respond after receiving your report and, where necessary, start an investigation.
Every situation is unique and takes different amounts of time to resolve.
We give high priority when a person or an animal's safety is threatened.
During investigations, we protect the privacy of everyone involved.
The City's bylaw prosecutor will review our investigation evidence and, if necessary, our recommendation to press charges.