Celebrate the holiday season at VanDusen Botanical Gardens
Festival of Lights
From December 7, 2012 to January 1, 2013, VanDusen Botanical Garden is decorated with hundreds of thousands of lights for the Festival of Lights. Enjoy the twinkling lights and light show, take a stroll down Candy Cane Lane, hear the sweet sounds of caroling, and get in to the spirit of the season.
Date and time
December 12 2012, 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
VanDusen Botanical Garden, 5251 Oak Street
A must-do seasonal tradition for people of all ages and backgrounds – from families to dating couples, from grandparents to toddlers.
Once inside the gate, guests don’t want to leave, as they find themselves amidst a magical wonderland of twinkling lights, joyful music, and the glowing smiles of happy people.
Highlights of the Festival of Lights include:
- Santa’s Living Room (December 7 to December 24, 2012) – Santa makes an appearance at 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, and 8:30pm each day
- Christmas Gnomes (Svend and Jens) in the Centre Court; Dancing Lights on Livingstone Lake – starts at 4:30pm; Gingerbread Wood; Golden Chain Walk
- Community choir concerts on the deck; Make-a-wish candle shrine
- Candy Cane Lane
- Sparkling spruce in the centre court
- The Candy Cane Express model train.
The Festival of Lights is an extremely popular event, so we suggest you buy tickets in advance. You can buy them online through Tickets Tonight (service charge will apply) or in person at the Garden Shop at VanDusen Garden as of November 1, 2012.
This year's Festival of Lights runs from December 7, 2012 to January 1, 2013 every evening (except December 25 when the Garden is closed) from 4:30-9pm.