TED2014 live streaming to take place throughout Vancouver
March 14 2014
“We’re thrilled to welcome TED to Vancouver and look forward to the range of innovative ideas and debate that will emerge from the week-long talks and presentations,” said Mayor Gregor Robertson.
With the international TED2014 conference making its debut in Vancouver next week, you will have the opportunity to watch the event for free at live web streaming locations throughout the city and region.
“We’re thrilled to welcome TED to Vancouver and look forward to the range of innovative ideas and debate that will emerge from the week-long talks and presentations,” said Mayor Gregor Robertson. “Whether you’re a long-time TED fan or someone learning about it for the first time, you will have the opportunity to watch some of the world’s top minds present their ideas in community spaces across Vancouver.”
This is the 30th anniversary of TED, and is the first time it is being held in Vancouver.
Locations were you can watch the TED 2014 live web stream
This is the first time that TED, the non-profit devoted to “Ideas Worth Spreading”, will be live streamed for free in its host city.
The web stream will run during the day starting Monday, March 17 through Friday, March 21 at the following locations:
- BC Place Stadium, Terry Fox Plaza, Jumbotron outside, Vancouver
- Grouse Mountain, 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- Surrey City Centre Library, 10350 University Drive, Surrey
- New Westminster Public Library, 716 6th Avenue, New Westminster
- North Vancouver District Public Library, 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
- Port Moody Public Library, 100 Newport Drive, Port Moody
- Richmond Public Library, 100 - 7700 Minoru Gate, Richmond
- Coquitlam Public Library, 575 Poirier Street, Coquitlam
- West Vancouver Memorial Library, 1950 Marine Drive, West Vancouver
- British Columbia Institute of Technology, 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
- Corpus Christi College, 5935 Iona Drive, Vancouver
- Douglas College, 700 Royal Avenue, New Westminster
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 12666 72 Avenue (Cedar 1240), Surrey
- Langara College Library,100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver
- Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Scarfe Building, 2125 Main Mall, Vancouver
- Cecil Green Park Coach House, 6323 Cecil Green Park Road
- Life Sciences Centre, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Room 1372
- Sauder School of Business, Angus Building, 2053 Main Mall, Room 165
- UBC, Robson Square
- Makerspace at the UVic Tech Park, 4a-4476 Markham Street, Victoria
Non-profits and community centres
- Potluck Café Society, 30 West Hastings Vancouver
- Trout Lake Community Centre, 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
The TED live stream is also being shown at some secondary schools and other non-profits for their constituents, and more locations are still being added. Please check with locations to confirm their details.