The orchestra and mezzanine has 1,757 standard seats and 16 wheelchair spaces.
The balcony has 1,008 standard seats.
- Wheelchair seating is available on the orchestra and mezzanine levels. The wheelchair seats are marked on the map (see above):
- orchestra: row 25, seats 31 through 40 and seats 60 through 69.
- mezzanine: row 34, seats 15 through 20 and seats 41 through 46.
- Please note, some ticket sellers, including Ticketmaster, will call these rows ‘WC’ instead of listing the row number. E.g. mezzanine left WC seat 15.
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms are on the orchestra and mezzanine levels.
- Elevator access is available from the main lobby to the mezzanine level and the balcony.
- Hearing-assist units and binoculars are available at the main lobby coat check.
- Accessible parking is available with an accessible parking decal (see below).
- There is a driveway for taxis and for pick up and drop off of handicapped patrons.
Parking is available at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre parkade, beneath the theatre itself. The entrance is off of Cambie Street between West Georgia and Dunsmuir Streets. Parking is limited, so arrive early.
|Day – 6:00am to 6:00pm
|Day – theatre matinee, until 6:00pm
|Evening – theatre event, 4:00pm to midnight
|Evening – stadium event, 6:00pm to midnight
|Monthly – weekday, 6:00am to 6:00pm
More parking within three blocks of the theatre
Larwill Park: Parking lot across the street from the Queen Elizabeth Theatre between West Georgia and Dunsmuir Street; entrance off Cambie Street
Vancouver Public Library: Underground lot between West Georgia and Robson Street; entrance off Hamilton Street
Accessible parking is available at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre parkade with an accessible parking decal. To reserve accessible parking, call 604-665-2193 during the week, at least 24 hours before your event. Have your decal number and ticket information ready when you make your call. An elevator operates from both floors of the parkade to the Plaza Level on Hamilton Street.
Stadium-Chinatown SkyTrain station: on Dunsmuir Street one block east of the theatre
Vancouver City Centre Canada Line station: on West Georgia Street five blocks west of the theatre
Before the show
The lobby is open one hour before performances. Come early and enjoy the visit the visual art gallery on the upper levels of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre lobby. We offer a selection of tempting snacks, local craft beers, and hand-picked BC wines. Beat the line-up by pre-ordering your intermission drinks!
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and debit cards. Cash only at the coat check.
Vancouver Civic Theatres requires that all audience members, including children, must have a ticket. There are no exemptions to this policy regardless of the child's age.
If you are late to a performance, please be aware that you may not be seated until intermission. Video monitors are available in the theatre lobby to follow the action on stage.
To honour the performance's integrity, the show's producer will determine 24 hours in advance when latecomers may be seated. In some cases, latecomers may be seated in the Balcony. Patrons may move to their purchased seats at the first intermission. In other cases, latecomers may be seated at an appropriate break in the performance.
Cameras and recording devices
Taking photographs and recording performances in theatres is not allowed unless authorized by the promoter or producer. Cameras and recording devices may be confiscated by theatre staff for the duration of the show.
Lost and found
To enquire about items, phone 604-665-2193.
Curated by Emily Carr University, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Art Gallery features work by new or emerging artists. Exhibits change bimonthly.