Building liveable, sustainable, and inclusive communities
The health and vitality of Vancouver's communities is one of the reasons the city is considered one of the best places on earth to live.
To ensure the continued sustainability and livability of our neighbourhoods, City staff work with community groups and other agencies to address critical social issues that affect us all, and to make sure that the needs of all residents are met.
Staff routinely advise Council on polices and strategies that offer much-needed support and services to all community members, including:
- Comprehensive childcare and child development strategies
- Inclusive, equitable programs and capacity building for Aboriginal Peoples
- Care and assistance for disadvantaged seniors
- Programs that involve youth as active partners in the services that affect them
- Initiatives that meet the needs of Vancouver's multicultural and diverse communities
- Programs to ensure that all residents live free of prejudice