Getting childcare in Vancouver
The City of Vancouver does not manage childcare facilities or maintain waiting lists for childcare spaces.
All facilities, including those owned by the City, are managed by independent operators or community associations. Enrolment policies and waiting lists are established and maintained by the operator of each facility. Please contact a childcare operator directly in order to secure a childcare space or to be placed on a waiting list.
Waitlists for recently selected childcare operators
We have recently selected childcare operators for the following childcare facilities. Please contact the operators directly to get on their waiting lists.
|Creekside Community Recreation Centre||Developmental Disabilities Association|
|Woodward's (111 West Hastings St)||YMCA|
Group childcare facilities
Group childcare facilities offer full and part-time licensed programs by age group:
- Infants: for children from birth to 18 months. Full and part-time licensed programs.
- Toddlers: from 19 - 36 months. Full and part-time licensed programs.
- 3 to 5 Care: from 36 months to school age. Full and part-time licensed programs.
- School Age Care: for children in kindergarten through grade 7. Before and after school programs, and during school holidays.
- Licensed Preschool (30 months to school age): 30 months - 36 months (by December 31 of the year of entrance). Part-time, up to 4 hours of care per day.
Find childcare facilities in Vancouver
If you are looking for care or early learning programs for your child, the Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre can help.
This non-profit centre provides information, referrals, training, and resources to families and individuals who are looking for the best care and early learning for children.
They also maintain online listings of all of the licensed and registered childcare facilities in the City.
- Review the online list of licensed childcare operators
- Get a referral for childcare or early learning programs
Find childcare in Vancouver's community centres
Many of Vancouver's community centres and neighbourhood houses offer various types of childcare on-site:
- Licensed group childcare programs – Many community centres offer childcare programs for school age and licensed preschool. Some centres also offer full and part-time programs for infant, toddler and 3 to 5 Care
- Childminding – care for your young children while you swim or play. You must remain on-site while your child is in childminding care.
To find out more, check the list of community centers that offer licensed, registered daycare, below, and then contact the centre directly.