Granville Downtown South CPC
The Granville Downtown South CPC operates with a Neighbourhood Police Officer (NPO), an Operations Coordinator and volunteers.
The Granville CPC catchment area is:
- North – Waterfront (Cordova Street)
- South – Waterfront (Beach Avenue)
- East – Burrard Street (east side)
- West – False Creek (Abbot Street)
Community safety through community involvement, in partnership with the Vancouver Police Department and other service providers.
In 1997, the Granville Community Policing Office won the Anthony J. Hulme Award of Distinction from the B.C. Attorney General for work in crime prevention.
Become Involved - Volunteer!
Volunteers give back to the community while learning life enhancing skills and developing a greater understanding of our society, both the positive and the negative.
Become a volunteer with us. If you are at least 19 years old, can read and write English and can give a one year commitment to the office of three hours per week, we want you!
- meet with our Operations Coordinator for an interview
- fill out an application form and consent to a criminal record check
- attend an orientation class with the Vancouver Police Department upon acceptance as a volunteer
Volunteering is great for anyone considering law enforcement as a career. It gives a closer look and understanding of what police officers encounter while on the job.