Police Information Check | Records Check FAQs | Pardons/Record Suspensions | Destruction of Criminal Records | Police Information Checks Vs. BC Criminal Record Review Program Reviews - What is the Difference? | Reconsideration Request Process
The Vancouver Police Department provides fingerprinting services for the Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP), immigration, citizenship, foreign travel, visas, US waivers, legal name changes, pardon applications, security applications, and other purposes.
We offer electronic fingerprint service, as well as traditional ink-and-roll method using C-216C RCMP Fingerprint Forms. Individuals are required to attend in person for this service, and we can submit the fingerprints on your behalf to the RCMP in Ottawa for them to complete a fingerprint-based Certified Criminal Record Check. The service timeline for the fingerprint search by RCMP in Ottawa is determined by their policy and volume.
Please note that once the fingerprints have been sent to the RCMP, the VPD has no control over the RCMP's processing time.
Visit the RCMP's Civil Fingerprint Screening Services website for information on inquiries in Ottawa regarding the processing status of your fingerprints, email: email@example.com or call (613) 998-6362.
Fingerprint Services are located at 3585 Graveley Street, and service is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed statutory holidays).
On weekends only, Fingerprint Service is available at 2120 Cambie Street from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fully complete the VPD Request for Fingerprint Service form.
This form can be downloaded by clicking the link above or picked up in person at our location.
- Bring documentation with you describing the print service that you require when applying for Fingerprinting Service. We will accept documents that you have printed off the Internet. Please read your documents carefully prior to attending our office so that you will know what you require from us.
- Bring the completed form with you along with the necessary identification and fees to the Vancouver Police Department at 3585 Graveley Street, Vancouver. We are open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed statutory holidays).
- Identification must be presented in person to submit your Fingerprint Request. We require two pieces of current, government-issued identification, one of which must have a current photo.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- valid driver’s licence (with photo)
- valid BC identification Card (with photo)
- valid passport
- valid Permanent Residency card
- current student ID for youth (secondary school, post-secondary institution – with photo)
- birth certificate
- valid citizenship card
- valid Native Status card
- valid Nexus card
*The new BC Services Card, introduced in February 2013, combines the BC Driver’s Licence and Care Card. The card is considered one form of identification.
We do not accept S.I.N. cards or cards from any financial institution as identification (credit or debit cards). If your identification does not include your Vancouver address, you must provide proof of residency (bank statement or utility bill sent to you).
All applicants will be charged a fee for Fingerprinting Service. The Vancouver Police Department accepts cash, debit, VISA, and MasterCard for payment. The fee schedule is as follows:
|Ink Fingerprints (one set)
|Each Additional Set of Ink Fingerprints
|Criminal Record Review Program –Employment
plus $25 RCMP fee *
|Criminal Record Review Program – Volunteer
**Depending on your reason for sending the fingerprints to Ottawa, there may be an additional $25 processing fee payable to the RCMP. We will collect this fee on the RCMP’s behalf.