The CYFAC consists of 21 voting members (11 is quorum) representing the following three age groups, in equal thirds:
- 14 or younger at the beginning of their term
- Between 15 and 21 at the beginning of their term
- 22 or older at the beginning of their term
Skills and experience of interest to the Committee include:
- Members with experience in education, health, probation or welfare in accordance with the requirements of a family court committee stipulated in the British Columbia Provincial Court Act.
- Broad and adequate representation from Vancouver’s diverse communities, including but not necessarily and not limited to representation from:
- Diverse Aboriginal communities, age groups, abilities, ethno-cultural communities, genders, health statuses, lengths of residency, sexual orientations, socioeconomic circumstances;
- Particular sectors, expertise and/or experiences on specific issues related to children, youth and families.
Committee members are selected through the City of Vancouver's Civic Committee public selection process.
The Committee Chair is selected by the members at the first meeting for the Council term of the Committee.
Committee members appointed in 2015 will serve until February 28, 2017.
Members must reapply to be reappointed.
The committee will have a non-voting City Councilor appointed as Liaison and a resource person. The Park Board and Board of Education will also be invited to appoint a non-voting commissioner liaison and trustee liaison respectively to serve as resource persons.
Non-voting staff liaisons from the City, Park Board, Public Library, and Police Department will serve as resource persons.
The Vancouver Board of Education, Vancouver Coastal Health, and the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development will also be invited to appoint non-voting staff liaisons. Additional non-voting staff liaisons from other agencies may also be appointed.
Additional non-voting members may be appointed without remuneration to working groups by voting members of that working group.
Please note that successful applicants 18 years of age or older must submit a valid criminal record check to the City before assuming membership.
Term ends November 4, 2018:
- Cheryl Andre
- Clark Childerhose
- Jane Childerhose
- Nico Cullen-McKnight
- Janice Douglas
- Emma Fineblit
- Nova Ember-Fey Funk
- Lena Hozaima
- Aaron Leung
- Vincent Li
- Christy Lo
- Mab Oloman
- Anthony Santelices
- Eric Wong
- Frank Yan
- Anna Zhang
- Joy Zhou
- Grace Zhu
- City Council Liaison: Councillor Elizabeth Ball
- City Council Liaison: Councilor Andrea Reimer
- Park Board Liaison: Commissioner Catherine Evans
- School Board Liaison: N/A
- Special Representative: Patti Bacchus
- City Staff: Gillian Guilmant-Smith, Head, Children's Library, Vancouver Public Library
- City Staff: Yvonne Hii, Planner, Social Policy and Projects
- City Staff: Robyn Newton, Social Planner, Social Policy and Projects
- Park Board staff: Erica Mark, Recreation Services Coordinator, Youth Development
- Vancouver Police Department Staff: TBD
- Other staff liaisons:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: TBD
- BC Ministry of Children and Family Development: TBD