Noise Control Bylaw 6555
Regulates noise or sound within the City of Vancouver.
Noise Bylaw highlights
- Construction on private property must be carried out between 7:30 am and 8 pm on any weekday that is not a holiday, and between 10 am to 8 pm on any Saturday that is not a holiday. Construction is not permitted on Sundays.
- Street construction must be carried out between 7 am and 8 pm on any weekday or Saturday, and between 10 am and 8 pm on any Sunday or holiday.
Trucks collecting for the landfill or recycling
- The collection of refuse must only occur:
- outside the downtown area from 7 am to 8 pm on any weekday, or from 10 am to 8 pm on any Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
- within the downtown area from 6 am to 12 midnight on any weekday, or from 10 am to 12 midnight on any Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
Carpet cleaning trucks
- Vehicle-mounted carpet cleaning equipment must not be operated before noon or after 5 pm on a Sunday or a holiday.
- Leaf blowers must only be operated within 50 metres of any residential premises between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm on any weekday or between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm on any Saturday.
- The use of leaf blowers in the West End has been prohibited.
- Only "low noise" leaf blowers may be used in the city.
- Noise from household animals must not cause an unreasonable disturbance.
- Sounds from a radio, television, musical instrument or voice amplification equipment must not cause an unreasonable disturbance.