Arrange an official visit or study tour
Dignitaries and delegations can request to meet with staff or members of Council about:
- Urban planning and design
- Sustainability practices
- Public transportation
- Affordable housing
- Arts and culture
- Economic development
We consider requests for study tours when there is a clear reciprocal benefit in the form of:
- A technical exchange of information related to issues important to the City
- Economic development opportunities
Who can request a visit
Study tours and delegation visits can be initiated by:
- Embassies in Ottawa and consulates in British Columbia
- National, state, provincial, and municipal governments
- National and international mayor's offices
- Recognized professional organizations and development agencies
How to request a visit
Our external relations and protocol office is the principal point of contact for all visiting dignitaries and delegations. Complete the request form below at least 6 weeks in advance of your planned visit date.
The office reviews all requests to ensure they are legitimate, provide maximum benefit to the City, and offer efficient inter-departmental coordination.
It also ensures that dignitaries and delegations are appropriately hosted and that all cultural and institutional customs are respected.