Parking Bylaw 6059
The City of Vancouver regulates parking to balance the needs of residents, commuters, and visitors.
For where you can park, how much it costs to park, and how to report parking-related issues, learn about parking in Vancouver.
This electronic version is amended up to January 24, 2017.
(Note to subscribers: The most recent paper update is amended up to January 24, 2017. Subsequent amendments which may appear in this electronic consolidation will be included in a future update package.)
Explanation of amendments since January 1, 2014
- Section 4 (3.3 MB) - Off-Street Parking Space Regulations, amended with changes to the waiver of parking requirements for commercial or residential payment-in-lieu relief, as enacted by Council on April 15, 2014.
- Appendix A (11 KB) is revised periodically to reflect amending bylaw numbers.
- Schedule C (69 KB) - CD-1 Parking District Areas, is updated periodically with newly enacted CD-1 sites.
- Section 1 (8 KB) - Short Title
- Section 2 (319 KB) - Definitions
- Section 3 (139 KB) - Administration
- Section 4 (3.3 MB) - Off-Street Parking Space Regulations
- Section 5 (36 KB) - Off-Street Loading Space Regulations
- Section 6 (40 KB) - Off-Street Bicycle Space Regulations
- Section 7 (24 KB) - Off-Street Passenger Space Regulations
- Sections 8 to 14 (6 KB) - Amendments to Zoning and Development Bylaw and the Official Development Plan By-laws
- Section 15 (14 KB) - General Prohibition, Offence and Penalties
- Section 16 (6 KB) - Schedules
- Section 17 (8 KB) - Effective Date of Bylaw
- Schedule A (86 KB) - Payment-In-Lieu By-laws
- Schedule B (6 KB) - Payment-In-Lieu Fees
- Schedule C (69 KB) - CD-1 District Parking Requirements
- Appendix A (11 KB) - List of Amending By-laws to the Parking Bylaw
- Appendix B (9 KB) - Table of Metric Equivalents
- Index (25 KB)