The site sign must conform to size, shape, and lettering requirements. Specific wording and content for the sign is provided by the Licence Coordinator. All applications require a site sign unless indicated otherwise by the Licence Coordinator.
Standard size is 4' × 8'. All variations must be approved by the License Coordinator.
Lettering is to be black Arial on a white background.
Signs must be:
- Placed on the ground, supported only by posts or poles
- Installed in a sound, workmanlike manner, capable of withstanding wind and weather
- Comply with the requirements of the Building Bylaw and Sign Bylaw
Signs must be:
- Clearly read from streets or lanes, and be clear of all site obstructions
- Located within the site, approximately but not closer than 10'0" from any property line
- No more than 16'0" high (sign top)
The outline of the premises, as provided in the application, must be outlined in red, including:
- A north arrow
- Property and building dimensions
- Adjoining properties (with the addresses)
- Adjacent street names
- The location of the sign, denoted on the plan with a reference to it stating: "You are here"
Notification of installation
You or your agent must advise the Chief License Inspector or License Coordinator when the sign has been installed on the site.
The City's notification letter to surrounding residents and businesses (when required), advising them of your application will not be sent until written confirmation and a photograph of the sign on the site after installation has been received.
Removal of signs
Signs must remain in place until Council has given a decision on the application, and must be removed no later than 7 days after the decision.
Download site sign requirements PDF file (73 KB)