Processing of applications
Access to the Business Licence Office is by appointment only. Walk-in service and drop-in appointments are not available.
To help process your applications more quickly, we have moved to a digital approach for applications, enquiries, and payments:
- Submit your business licence application by mail or email
- Renew your business licence online
- Customer enquiries, contact us online
Note Processing times are currently delayed. We will contact you with questions or next steps once we have processed your request.
A bed and breakfast (B&B) is a temporary accommodation in a home that includes breakfast. To run a B&B in your home, you need a rental property business licence.
Before you apply for a licence
- Your address needs to be in zone that allows for bed and breakfasts. To check, contact the Development and Building Services Centre.
- Your home needs to meet the safety requirements in our bed and breakfast accommodation guidelines PDF file (80 KB). To meet the requirements, apply for a building permit.
Steps to getting a bed and breakfast licence
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2