A registered Canadian charity is an organization which:
- Is established and operated for charitable purposes
- Devotes its resources to charitable activities
- Is based in Canada
- Does not use its income to benefit its members
- Is incorporated or is governed by a trust or a constitution
- Provides a public benefit
All registered Canadian charities receive a Charitable Registration Number. If you are a registered charity, you will need to provide that number to us so that we can process your application appropriately. To learn more or to register as charity, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.
Ready to apply for your special event?
Ready to apply? If you are ready to apply for your special event permit, click the link below to go directly to the online application.
Is your event in a park? If your event is in a park, you will also need to fill out the Park Board's application.