Goods and services

Goods and services are anything being sold other than food or beverages, such as event programs, T-shirts, hats, or other merchandise offered by vendors at your event.

If you plan to sell goods or services at your event (or allow them to be sold), you may choose to apply for a Special Event Market Permit. This will allow you to control vendor access to your event.

Note: If you want to provide goods or services at an event in an park, you must get permission from the Vancouver Park Board. For more information, see the Vancouver Park Board Special Events Guidelines.

Special Event Market Permit

A Special Event Market Permit gives event organizers exclusive control over sales at their special event. The organizers can raise funds by charging vendors to sell their goods or services within the event boundaries.

For more information or to apply, contact the City of Vancouver Special Event Office.

City of Vancouver Special Event Office

450 SW Marine Drive
Vancouver BC V5X 0C3

Phone: 604-257-8850

Vancouver Park Board's Special Events Office

If you wish to hold your event in a park, be aware that the timelines, processes, forms, and fees may be different than for event held in Vancouver outside of a park.

For more information, contact the Park Board's Special Event Office.

2099 Beach Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4
Phone 3-1-1 or 7-1-1 (TTY)
Fax to 604-257-8501

Ready to apply for your special event?

Ready to apply? If you are ready to apply for your special event permit, click the link below to go directly to the online application.

Apply for events

Is your event in a park? If your event is in a park, you will also need to fill out the Park Board's application.

Apply for events in parks