Improve home comfort and save energy with energy efficiency upgrades
Vancouver homeowners can take advantage of several home renovation rebates offered through the Home Renovation Rebates and CleanBC Better Homes Program, a partnership between the Province of BC, BC Hydro, and Fortis BC.
- Visit CleanBC Better Homes for details and support External website, opens in new tab
- Phone the “Ask an Energy Coach” hotline at 1-844-881-9790 to discuss your renovation with experts at no cost
Benefits of participating
Home energy efficiency upgrades can save up to 30% of home energy costs and provide a more comfortable home year round.
As an eligible participant you have the opportunity to receive:
- Over $10,000 in home renovation rebates
- Bonus offers for making 2 or more upgrades
- Access to a hotline to connect with energy experts to answer questions relating to choosing upgrades, finding a contractor, technical product questions, program eligibility, and more
There are a variety of upgrades that are eligible for rebates.
|Insulation (attic, basement crawlspace, exterior wall cavity/sheathing)||Up to $5,500|
|ENERGY STAR® windows/doors||Up to $3,000|
|Air source heat pump||Up to $9,000|
|Natural gas ENERGY STAR furnace||Up to $700|
|Natural gas ENERGY STAR boiler||$1,000|
|Electric heat pump water heater||$1,000|
|Natural gas water heater||Up to $1,000|
|Natural gas combination heating and hot water system||$1,500|
|EnerChoice® fireplace||$300 per unit|
|Bonus and special offers||Details|
|Two upgrade bonus||
|Home energy Improvement Bonus||
|EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate||
Homes built before 1940
If your home is built before 1940 or is a heritage house, see additional grants available from the Vancouver Heritage Foundation. External website, opens in new tab.
Questions, details, and eligibility
BetterHomes BC Energy Coach