ASHRAE 90.1-2010 supporting documents
Section 5 - Building Envelope
- Building envelope information sheet (145 KB)
- Building envelope compliance forms (part 1) (117 KB)
- Building envelope compliance forms (parts 1 and 2) (1 MB)
Section 6 - HVAC
- HVAC information sheet (179 KB)
- HVAC simplified approach option (part 1) (110 KB)
- HVAC mandatory provisions (part 2) (122 KB)
- HVAC mandatory provisions and prescriptive requirements (parts 2 and 3) (343 KB)
Section 7 - Service Water Heating
- Service water heating information sheet (99 KB)
- Service water heating compliance forms (96 KB)
- Sample – Service water heating (Electric, Under 20 Gallons) (97 KB)
- Sample – Service water heating (Electric, Over 20 Gallons) (103 KB)
- Sample – Service water heating (Gas, Over 20 Gallons) (104 KB)
Section 9 - Lighting
Lighting design can use either the Building Area Method or the Space by Space Method to demonstrate compliance with the bylaw. Complete either the PDF or the Excel version of the forms, available below.
If your trade permit application is associated with a building permit, the Lighting Compliance Forms may already have been completed and submitted as part of the building permit application. Make sure you indicate the associated building permit number in the applicable entry on your online application (POSSE).
All lighting projects
- Decide which method to use in your lighting design. If unsure, then review the information sheets provided or the PDF samples provided within each method below.
If the lighting design includes Decorative and/or Display lighting, then only the Space by Space Method can be used.
- Choose whether you want to use the PDF forms or the Excel version of the forms to demonstrate lighting compliance.
- Complete the forms to accurately represent the lighting design and installation.
- Calculate the installed lighting power using the power of the luminaires, not the bulbs. Line-voltage track lighting is to be calculated using 30W per linear foot or power of all luminaires installed on the track – whichever is greater, or the power of the circuit breaker or the limiter – whichever is lower.
- Submit the completed Lighting Compliance Forms either in hardcopy format when applying in-person, or upload with your online trade permit application (POSSE).
Information sheets and samples
- Lighting information sheet (197 KB)
- Lighting Controls (9.4.1) information sheet (180 KB)
- Sample (Detailed – All lighting types and methods) (460 KB)
- Sample (Office - Base lighting only, Building Area Method) – Part 11 TI (120 KB)
- Sample (Retail - Base lighting only, Building Area Method) – Part 11 TI (142KB)
- Sample (Office – Base lighting only, Space by Space Method) – Part 11 TI (150 KB)
- Sample (Retail - Base lighting only, Space by Space Method) – Part 11 TI (111 KB)
- Sample (Retail with D&D Lighting, Space by Space Method) – Part 11 TI (113 KB)
Compliance forms (PDF or Excel) and Attachment L
- Lighting compliance forms (Building Area Method) (320 KB)
- Lighting compliance forms (Space by Space Method) (346 KB)
- Lighting compliance documentation v1.02 (443 KB)
- Attachment L (inspection stage) (124 KB)