A building grade is an official indication of the design elevation along the property line to ensure that:
- Buildings do not exceed the height limits of zoning regulations
- Entrances for proposed buildings come level with existing or future city sidewalks, driveways, curbs, and streets
- Water drains from the site without causing damage
|Property length||Review fee||Design fee|
|Up to 31 m||$511||$1,199|
|Over 31 m and up to 90 m||$677||$1,373|
|Over 90 m and up to 150 m||$844||$2,026|
|Over 150 m and up to 300 m||$1,180||$3,060|
|Over 300 m||$1,870||$4,410|
Property length is measured along the street, lane, easement, right-of-way, or a combination of these.
The review fee covers the City’s costs to:
- Do an initial review of the application
- Do a detailed review of the your building grade survey and design
- Accept the final building grade plan
The design fee covers the additional costs for survey and design work when the City will be completing designs.
Building grades are valid for up to 5 years after the issued date. After 5 years, building grades must be revalidated by the City and will incur additional review fees.
Contact Client Services about building grades
5th floor, Crossroads
507 West Broadway
(at Cambie St)
Vancouver BC, V5Z 0B4
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5:00pm