What you need to know before you arrive:
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your reserved skating time.
- Arrive dressed for the session as there will be a limited amount of time to get ready before your ice time.
- You will have 15 minutes at the end of a session or lesson to take your skates off and exit.
- Leave all valuables at home. There will be no access to lockers.
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Stay 2 metres apart from people who aren't in your household or social bubble.
- Follow the signs to the new entrances.
- Follow the entrance and exit signs for the washrooms.
- Facilities are one-directional to maximize safety and customer efficiency.
- Exit the rink within 15 minutes at the end of your skating session or lesson
Customers who don't follow the rules and safety guidelines of the rink may be asked to leave without a refund or prevented from registering for future sessions and lessons.
If unable to attend a skating session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance to receive a refund. Cancellation requests should be submitted by accessing your account at vanrec.ca by 11:59pm the day before your session. Requests by phone or in-person must be done by 3pm the day before your session or by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions.
Facility drop-ins are not available for skate sessions
We're currently offering skating lessons only at Trout Lake and Killarney ice rinks. We're unable to offer beginner skating lessons (Child level 1 and Preschool level 1 and 2) at this time.
Registration for public skating sessions opens three days in advance, and closes 30 minutes before the session starts.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online session registration. Flexipass holders can now contact a recreation facility to reactivate pass, request a credit on account, receive a refund, or keep pass suspended temporarily.
No-show guidelines apply to all registered sessions, including sessions registered with a pass. If unable to attend a session for which you have registered, you must cancel in advance by accessing your vanrec.ca account. Learn more about the no-show guidelines
Skating sessions are 45 minutes or one-hour long. Skaters 7 years and younger must be accompanied on the ice by a parent or guardian over the age of 16 years.
Skate and helmet rentals are available (except for Stick and Puck sessions and drop-in figure skating). Sticks, pucks, and rings will not be available but you may bring your own. Other skate aids are limited.
Tip: In the registration system, filter skating lesson/sessions by location(s) to get sessions at your preferred rink.
- The 100% discount is automatically applied to City of Vancouver residents who are currently enrolled in LAP.
- Ensure that your account is set up correctly and that your pass is linked to your current account.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a problem with your account.
- If you don't have a OneCard or you're not a current LAP member, you will need to pay the regular admission fee.
- Bring your OneCard when you arrive at the rink.