What you need to know before you arrive:
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your reserved skating time.
- Arrive dressed for the session as there will be a limited amount of time to get ready before your ice time.
- You will have 15 minutes at the end of a session or lesson to take your skates off and exit.
- Leave all valuables at home. There will be no access to lockers.
- If you're late and registered for a session that:
- Is full, your place will go to a drop-in customer. There are no refunds for late arrivals.
- Is not full, ask staff for instructions
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Stay 2 metres apart from people who aren't in your household or social bubble.
- Follow the signs to the new entrances.
- Follow the entrance and exit signs for the washrooms.
- Facilities are one-directional to maximize safety and customer efficiency.
- Exit the rink within 15 minutes at the end of your skating session or lesson
Customers who don't follow the rules and safety guidelines of the rink may be asked to leave without a refund or prevented from registering for future sessions and lessons.
Refunds are only available when requested by 3pm on the day before your session (by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions). Call the recreation facility where your session takes place.
If you do not show up for your session, there will be no refund. If you arrive after the start time of your session:
- Your space could be sold to a drop-in customer. If the session is full, you will not be given admission and will not get a refund.
- If the session is not full, you may be permitted entry; ask staff for instructions.
We're currently offering skating lessons only at Trout Lake and Killarney ice rinks. We're unable to offer beginner skating lessons (Child level 1 and Preschool level 1 and 2) at this time.
Registration for public skating sessions opens three days in advance, and closes 30 minutes before the session starts.
Flexipasses and 10-visit passes are accepted for online session registration and facility drop-ins. Flexipass holders can now contact a recreation facility to reactivate pass, request a credit on account, receive a refund, or keep pass suspended temporarily.
Skating sessions are 45 minutes or one-hour long. Skaters 7 years and younger must be accompanied on the ice by a parent or guardian over the age of 16 years.
Skate and helmet rentals are available (except for Stick and Puck sessions and drop-in figure skating). Sticks, pucks, and rings will not be available but you may bring your own. Other skate aids are limited.
Tip: In the registration system, filter skating lesson/sessions by location(s) to get sessions at your preferred rink.
- 20% of the rink's skating sessions capacity is reserved for drop-in patrons.
- Contactless payment is preferred, but cash is accepted.
- The 100% discount is automatically applied to City of Vancouver residents who are currently enrolled in LAP.
- Ensure that your account is set up correctly and that your pass is linked to your current account.
- Email email@example.com if you have a problem with your account.
- If you don't have a OneCard or you're not a current LAP member, you will need to pay the regular admission fee.
- Bring your OneCard when you arrive at the rink.