Home owner grant applications must be submitted directly to the Province
Effective 2021, municipalities can no longer accept home owner grant applications.
The home owner grant is a provincial program that helps reduce the amount of residential property tax you pay.
Tips for claiming your grant
- You must apply for your home owner grant each year
- Check if you're eligible and for which grant amount
- If you pay your taxes at your financial institution, claim your home owner grant online separately
When your grant will appear on your tax account
Important note After the Province receives your grant submission, it may take 3-4 business days for your City of Vancouver tax account balance to update.
To avoid a 5% penalty, make sure before the property tax due date:
- The Province receives your valid grant application
- You have arranged payment for the balance (reduced by your eligible grant amount)
Access your property tax account
Set up an online account. You will need your access code. It can be found on your tax notice.
Get your property tax account balance. No login or registration required.
Property tax due dates
Advance taxes: February 2, 2022
Main taxes: July 5, 2022
Home owner grant: July 5, 2022 (Grant may be claimed once the main tax notice is received.)