- Within 14 days
- Within 35 days
- After 35 days
100% fine + penalty
- ! After 60 days
Sent to collection agency
WARNING: After 60 days your ticket will be sent to a collection agency, which may affect your credit rating.
Pay your notice online with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Returned or NSF payments
Non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee: $35.00 per cheque returned by the bank or credit card chargeback
No discounts are available to by-law notices with previous payments that have been returned by your bank because of NSF cheques or credit card chargebacks. The full notice amount is due, plus the NSF fee.
If you receive a notice for a paid by-law notice
If you have paid your by-law notice but receive a notice:
- Your payment may have been applied to another by-law notice in error
- You may have paid the discounted amount after the 14-day deadline
When your by-law notice may be cancelled
Your notice may be cancelled if:
- The notice was issued to the wrong Vacancy Tax account.
- A duplicate notice was inadvertently issued for the same incident.
- We made an error in recording the receipt of your declaration.
- A declaration was not required for your property.