CCTV systems are in use throughout the City and Park Board facilities.
In 2015, we implemented a CCTV Systems Policy to make sure that City-owned and operated CCTV systems respect privacy and comply with the law.
The policy has three supporting procedures for traffic, City premises, and public realm CCTV systems, each reflective of their specific circumstances.
CCTV that collects information
A CCTV system that collects or may collect personal information may be used only when it's directly related to and necessary for a City program or activity, such as maintaining:
- The safety or security of individuals, assets, or property
- Public safety
This means that no less intrusive method can reasonably meet the requirements of the program or activity.
Get more information on the use of CCTV cameras
- Review the CCTV policy and procedures
- Get in touch with our Director of Access to Information and Privacy by:
- Phone: 3-1-1 or 604-873-7000
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 453 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4