Room under renovation

Renovate a home

Green home renovation rebates

Clean BC Better Homes

Find available energy efficiency improvement rebates and top-ups for Vancouver residents.

Home energy navigator

Need help navigating a home upgrade or renovation? Use our Home Energy Navigator  to get free climate-friendly home improvement supports like rebates, advice, and more.

If you are looking to do a minor renovation or major renovation, such as a creating new space in your home, approvals will likely be needed to make sure your project meets current by-laws and regulations and building safety.

Adding a secondary suite in your renovation? Find out more

Review the steps to renovating a house before submitting an application.

Submit application package 

What's happening New Residential Renovation Fast Track (RRFT) issues permits within a week

The Residential Renovation Fast Track (RRFT) is available for simple residential renovation projects under $95,000.

Find out what projects are eligible for RRFT under step 1

Steps to renovating your home

Steps to submitting an amendment to an issued building permit

Contact the Development and Building Services Centre

Contact us online

The Development and Building Centre is open for in-person scheduled appointments or payments. 

Location and mailing address
Development and Building Centre
515 West 10th Avenue, Ground Floor
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8

Heat pump rebate and energy efficient enquiries

We do not administer heat pump rebate applications.

Contact a Clean BC Better Homes Energy Coach through their online form or by phone 1-844-881-9790.

Find out more about heat pumps

Permits, inspections, and forms

Apply for and manage permit

Review regulations and apply for the required permits for your construction or renovation project.


Book or cancel an electrical, plumbing, building, fire sprinkler, gas, or sidewalk inspection for your construction or renovation project.

Forms, checklists, and bulletins

View and download the building or development permit application forms and submission requirements.