Pay online through your bank, it's the quickest and easiest way. You can also pay at an ATM, or by mailing or dropping off a cheque.
Your property tax notice
Important information about your 2023 taxes PDF file (788 KB) (property tax notice insert)
繁體中文 | 简体中文 | Tagalog | Español | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ | Tiếng Việt
- Claiming your home owner grant PDF file (208 KB)
- Additional school tax External website, opens in new tab
- Targeted 5-year averaging
- Reminders for address changes, declaring your Empty Homes Tax property status, sign up for online services, and more
You will receive two property tax notices a year:
View video: How your property taxes are calculated
Types of property tax notices
2022 important tax information
- 2023 年物業稅－重要資訊及更新 (Traditional Chinese) PDF file (1 MB)
- 2023 年物业税－重要信息及更新 (Simplified Chinese) PDF file (1 MB)
- 2023 MGA BUWIS - SA PAG-AARI - MAHALAGANG IMPORMASYON (Tagalog) PDF file (763 KB)
- 2023 IMPUESTO PREDIAL - INFORMACIÓN IMPORTANTE (Spanish) PDF file (765 KB)
- 2023 ਪ੍ਰਾਪਰਟੀ ਟੈਕਸ - ਮਹੱਤਵਪੂਰਨ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਅਤੇ ਅੱਪਡੇਟ (Punjabi) PDF file (795 KB)
- 2023THUẾ BẤT ĐỘNG SẢN NĂM - THÔNG TIN QUAN TRỌNG (Vietnamese) PDF file (865 KB)
Access your property tax account
The fastest and easiest way to access your account and declared property status.
Set up an online account. You will need your access code. It can be found on your tax notice.
Get your property tax account balance. No login or registration required.
Property tax due dates
Advance taxes: February 2, 2023
Main taxes: July 5, 2023
Home owner grant: July 5, 2023 (Grant may be claimed once the main tax notice is received.)
Understanding your taxes in depth
Property tax rates
Learn how property tax rates are set and what influences the tax rate on your property. Find the current property tax rates.
Tax relief proposal
We have asked the Province to revise the legislation to create a new commercial sub-class for property taxes.
Update your mailing address
Recently moved or own multiple properties? Update your address with BC Assessment to keep your contact information current.
Additional school tax
Residential properties valued above $3 million (before land averaging is applied) may be subject to the additional tax.
Land assessment averaging
We provide land assessment averaging to give temporary relief to property owners by phasing in tax increases over time.
Local improvement charges
Learn about local improvements: what they are, your payment options, how to pay and more.
You may get a revised tax notice if you win an appeal of your property assessment against BC Assessments.
New owner or developer? Learn about and how to request apportionment—the re-distribution of the taxes from the property developer to the new strata properties.