Urban wildlife control

Vancouver is home to a large range of wildlife.

We are not legally responsible for wildlife, but the:

Private property owners are responsible for keeping their land and buildings in a condition that it will not contribute towards a pest infestation.

We work with agencies and levels of government to deal with many wildlife issues within city boundaries, including Musqueam Lands – but not UBC and the University Endowment Lands.

Report wildlife issues online

Use Van311 to report dead or injured wildlife in Vancouver.

Reporting wildlife

Report coyote sightings to the Stanley Park Ecology Society .  All other coyote incidents, including feeding and aggression, should be reported immediately to the Provincial Report all Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) line at 1-877-952-7277. 

Reporting other issues