Businesses and residents around Vancouver know the worth of water, and are taking action to:
- Ensure that treated water is protected for drinking, cooking, and cleaning
- Ensure that our waterways are clean and safe for us all to enjoy
- Save water; thereby lowering their water bills
- Water wise gardening
- Reducing operating costs
- Conserving water
- Increasing water efficiency
- Protecting natural water ways
Water wise gardening
Carole Christopher retired her lawn mower because she wanted to grow a food garden. By replacing her grass and reconfiguring her porch, Carole turned her property into a lush oasis of garden vegetables that all thrive on a carefully constructed drip irrigation system.
The irrigation system delivers water directly to the roots of the plants and is outfitted with a moisture sensor to ensure the plants receive just the right amount of water. Full of bright blooms and fresh vegetables, Carole’s beautiful garden is a great example of water wise gardening practices at work!
“It’s amazing how gardening brings you back to nature in your own backyard!” – Carole Christopher