Vancouver means different things to different people.
To some, it is a beautiful coastal city. To others, it is home.
One way to better understand our identity is to look at our brand. A city’s brand is the asset that makes up its reputation and image. The City of Vancouver and the Vancouver Economic Commission retained Brand Finance (Canada) Inc. to find out Vancouver’s brand value.
How our brand is measured
Brand Finance used an ISO recognized Brand Strength Index to measure the strength of our brand relative to five other cities along the Pacific Rim.
The Brand Strength Index looks at the investments, equity, and economic performance of a city.
Vancouver's Brand Strength Index was in part determined by an international survey of business leaders, students, tourists, and residents.
To learn more about how Vancouver's brand is measured, read the written evidence of Edgar Baum, Managing Director, Brand Finance (Canada) Inc. PDF file (1.3 MB).
Brand Finance found that:
- Vancouver has one of the strongest brands
- Our brand was valued at $31 billion as of January 31, 2015
- We are uniquely associated with being clean, green and environmentally sustainable
Our identity and brand is created by the people that live, work, innovate, and play here.
Ways you can keep making our city special if you're in Vancouver
- Contribute to our Greenest City
- Support each other through the community initiatives that happen every day
- Strengthen our economic future with the Vancouver Economic Commission
- Connect with us at Doors Open Vancouver
- Share your voice on projects like the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion proposal
- And discover so much more at vancouver.ca