The nomination period for the Awards of Excellence has been extended to April 18
We have extended the deadline to Thursday, April 18 at 5pm for those wanting to submit a nomination for the 2019 Awards of Excellence.
If you know an individual, business or organization, even one that you work for, whose efforts make Vancouver excellent, nominate them in any of the following categories:
- Accessible City Award - Recognizes individuals or organizations that improve access and inclusion for persons with disabilities, or remove barriers and create opportunities.
- Civic Volunteer Award - Recognizes those who excel at volunteering to make Vancouver a better place to live, work, and play. Nominees need to volunteer on a City board, agency, or committee, or with a group that gets funding from the City.
- Diversity and Inclusion Award - Celebrates the leadership of those who support inclusion, and advocate for communities to be free of racism and discrimination. Consideration will be given to applicants whose work supports diversity and inclusion related to: ethnicity, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, and socioeconomic status.
- Greenest City Leadership Award - Recognizes those who have made significant contributions to advancing our goal of becoming the greenest city in the world. Whether they help protect our climate, reduce waste, support local food, or enhance our natural spaces, these award recipients are environmental leaders.
- Healthy City for All Award - Recognizes those who lead projects that create a thriving, healthy, and liveable city for everyone.
About the awards
The Awards of Excellence celebrate and recognize the amazing work being done to make Vancouver a more green, healthy, diverse, inclusive. and accessible city.
If there is a person or an organization that inspires you that is making a positive impact on our city, get them recognized at an awards ceremony that will be hosted by Mayor Kennedy Stewart on Friday, July 12 at Roundhouse Community Centre. The awards are an excellent opportunity to give recognition so those who inspire others with their good work.
Who is eligible
Anyone who lives, works, volunteers or attends school in Vancouver or the University Endowment Lands, and any organization or business based in the city is eligible for an award.
In total, three recipients: a child or youth, an adult, and an organization are eligible to receive an award in each of the five categories. All children and youth recipients will receive a $500 bursary with their Award of Excellence.
The Mayor’s Achievement Award
At the ceremony, a Mayor’s Achievement Award will also be presented to recipients who are selected personally by Mayor Stewart therefore nominations are not accepted in this category.
Award ceremony date
An awards ceremony to honour the recipients will take place:
- Friday, July 12
- Roundhouse Community Centre