Vancouver Park Board reopening pitch and putts
We are reopening pitch and putts in Queen Elizabeth, Rupert, and Stanley parks at 8am on Tuesday, June 9.
The three pitch and putts were closed in March as part of our response to COVID-19.
New rules of play and protocols
New rules of play and protocols have been introduced at the pitch and putts to support physical distancing of two-metres. They include:
- Observe new signage regarding safe physical distancing while queuing
- Once green fees are paid, wait in area marked "On deck group stand here."
- One group of golfers allowed on a hole at a time; when play is completed at a hole, wait until group ahead has cleared tee area before proceeding
- A maximum of 18 groups are allowed on the course at one time
- Upon completion of round, exit the property immediately following "Exit Here" signs
The pitch and putts will be open 8am to 8pm every day.
Equipment rentals will not be available at this time.
We are taking a thoughtful and phased reopening and recovery approach in alignment with the BC Restart Plan External website, opens in new tab , and in consultation with various government and non-government agencies and partners.
What has reopened
In recent weeks, we have reopened:
- Fraserview, Langara, and McCleery golf courses
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Outdoor recreation amenities such as skate parks, synthetic sports fields, basketball and volleyball courts, disc golf, roller hockey, multisport courts, and playgrounds
We continue to review the feasibility of reopening other facilities and services and will make adjustments to our operations based on the latest information provided by Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Officer, and industry partners.