The arts production hub is located in a 2-storey rehabilitated and relocated heritage building at 123 E 6th Ave. It is part of a larger development, including an adjacent 12-storey office building, and will be delivered to the City through a long-term lease agreement. In turn, the space will be sub-leased to a non-profit arts operator.
The intended use for the space is:
- To provide affordable and accessible spaces on a cost-recovery basis that balances sustainability and affordability
- For local non-profit arts and culture production including:
- Production and rehearsal (including but not limited to theatre, dance, or music rehearsal)
- Indigenous arts
- Film, media arts and video production
- Electronic or amplified music and sound production
- Office administration
- Occasional presentation and event uses
- Ancillary uses
The space will be provided finished and equipped (excluding furniture and AV and other specialized equipment).
What's happeningRequest for proposals process is anticipated to open in early 2024
We will be seeking proposals from eligible Vancouver-based arts and cultural non-profits interested in operating an approximately 10,000-square-foot cultural amenity facility located at 123 E 6th Ave.
Important note Full request for proposals (RFP) submission details and key dates will be posted once they are available.
Receive updates on this space opportunity: Sign up for the VanCulture newsletter