Park Rangers are the front-line ambassadors in parks and public spaces. They support a broad range of events and activities, and assist with issues such as:
- Providing visitor information and wayfinding
- Educating the public about park regulations such as the smoking, dogs on leash, and cycling bylaws
- Enforcing the Park Board By-laws
- Supporting permitted events and filming
- Working with Vancouver Police, Vancouver Fire and Rescue Service, BC Ambulance, and other departments and agencies on issues found in parks
- Dealing with homelessness as it impacts parks, and connecting individuals with support services
- Responding to park concerns reported through 3-1-1 and Van311 services
Park Rangers patrol parks and beaches throughout Vancouver. A seasonal ranger station is located at Second Beach, next to the concession.
Important information Park rangers are not police. Call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency that requires police, fire, or ambulance.