We recognize the positive impact outdoor spaces have on the physical and mental well-being of our community members. A series of new operational measures have been implemented to ensure visitors can enjoy the garden safely.
Starting January 1, 2022, tickets are only sold at the VanDusen admission desk. Cash is not accepted at this time.
Information icon Last entry is half an hour before closing.
If you require an attendant
Simply purchase a ticket for yourself and let a staff member know that your required attendant is accompanying you. They will be provided with free admission.
Leisure Access Pass (LAP) holders
To visit VanDusen Botanical Garden under the Leisure Access Program (LAP) rate, present your valid LAP card at the VanDusen Admission desk and the cashier will process your ticket at the discounted rate.
Affected activities and events
- Parking lot: open for visitors
- Admissions: Cash is not accepted at this time. Credit and debit only.
- Event rentals: Visit our outdoor rentals page or indoor rentals page for details. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Group photography is permitted during garden hours. Purchase a photo package at the admission desk. Group photography includes photo shoots for weddings, engagements, family groups, and graduations.
- For more information on our current photography and film options, visit our commercial filming and photography page.
- Maze: open (one person or household at a time)
- The gift shop: open with new hours
- Truffles Cafe: open with new hours
Physical distancing from others
- Masks are mandatory indoors at all times, with the exception of those under the age of 5.
- There are no wheelchairs available for borrow.
- All regular garden rules still apply (including no pets, bikes, drones or other equipment). Review our code of conduct.
Cleaning and washrooms
- The Visitor Centre washrooms, portable toilets, high-touch points, and ticketing huts are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day
- The Education Centre washrooms are closed, but there are two portable washrooms within the garden with hand sanitizer and mobile handwashing stations available.
We are not recruiting volunteers at this time. Only a limited number of Park Board and VBGA staff are working on site.