We closed voluntarily on March 16 as a precautionary measure due to COVID-19. We recognize the positive impact outdoor spaces have on the physical and mental well-being of our community members. We've decided to reopen the garden with a series of new operational measures.
Visitors and members will be required to purchase a ticket in advance online for a designated entry time.
Entry times are available every 30 minutes. The first entry time is 9am, and the last entry time is an hour before closing.
If you require an attendant
You do not need to purchase a ticket for them. Purchase your own ticket online, and let our staff members know your attendant is accompanying you when you present your ticket for scanning.
Leisure Access Pass (LAP) holders
Bring your pass and present it to our admissions staff upon arrival. You cannot book a ticket online in advance if you would like to apply your discount.
As we are operating at a limited capacity, you may experience a wait time if the entry time you arrive during is fully booked.
Changes to entry times
- Missed entry time: you will not be permitted into the garden and must reserve a different time (a ticket service fee may apply).
- Garden closure: you'll be contacted by TicketZone and we will allow you to exchange your ticket for another date or time
- Rescheduling day or time: contact TicketZone directly at email@example.com. A service fee may apply.
Tickets are only available for purchase online at designated times to manage capacity and to limit contact upon entry.
Information icon We are not accepting the Tourism Challenge Privilege Pass, discounts, or coupons for garden entry.
A service fee of $1 will be added to each ticket for non-members. This fee allows us to offer ticketing from an online platform to ensure that we can manage capacity and provide our visitors with the safest, touch-free experience.
Visitors are encouraged to arrive on time. There will be a 30-minute grace period.
The recommended visit time is between 30 and 90 minutes.
We encourage you to present your ticket on a mobile device, but you can print it out too.
Affected activities and events
- Parking lot: open for visitors. If you are not able to maintain a 2-metre distance from others when exiting your vehicle, wait inside until it is clear to get out.
- Events, meetings, educational programs, and guided tours: cancelled until further notice
- Rental viewings, elopements and small weddings, engagement photos, or other photo shoots: not permitted
- Maze: open (one person or household at a time)
- Select features and areas (including large lawn chairs and tractor): closed
- Pathways: some will be one-way
- Gift shop: closed
- Truffles Cafe: open
- Visitor Centre: open for washroom use and entering and exiting the garden
Physical distancing from others
- Everyone is required to keep a 2-metre distance from others outside their household at all times
- Signs will be placed throughout the garden to remind visitors to physically distance
- Markers will be placed on the ground to show 2-metre spacing at each queue
- Stanchions will be set up to ensure safe entry and exit of visitors through the Visitor Centre
- There will be no wheelchairs available for borrow
- All regular garden rules still apply (including no pets, bikes, drones or other equipment)
Cleaning and washrooms
- The Visitor Centre washrooms, portable toilets, high-touch points, and ticketing huts will be cleaned thoroughly throughout the day
- The Education Centre washrooms will be closed, but there will be two portable washrooms within the garden with hand sanitizer and mobile handwashing stations available.
We are not recruiting volunteers at this time. Only a limited number of Park Board and VBGA staff will be working on site.
Connect with us
If you require urgent assistance, or have questions that do not relate to online ticketing, reach out to us through our social media channels.