We recognize the positive impact outdoor spaces have on the physical and mental well-being of our community members. A series of new operational measures have been implemented to ensure visitors can enjoy the garden safely.
Tickets can be purchased online for designated entry times in advance. Capacity is limited.
Information icon We are not accepting the Tourism Challenge Privilege Pass, discounts, or coupons for garden entry.
A service fee of $1 will be added to each ticket for non-members. This fee allows us to offer ticketing from an online platform to ensure that we can manage capacity and provide our visitors with the safest, touch-free experience.
General admission visitors are encouraged to reserve their entry time in advance. VBGA members are no longer required to book their Garden visit in advance, but will be required to scan their membership card at the entry point.
Entry times are available every 30 minutes. Visitors are welcome to arrive anytime within their designated one-hour entry time. Once visitors arrive on site, we recommend a 90-minute visit.
If you require an attendant
You do not need to purchase a ticket for them. You may purchase your own ticket online in advance, and let our staff members know your attendant is accompanying you when you present your ticket for scanning.
Leisure Access Pass (LAP) holders
To visit VanDusen Botanical Garden under the Leisure Access Program (LAP) rate, present your valid LAP card at the VanDusen Admission desk and the cashier will process your ticket at the discounted rate.
Changes to entry times
- Garden closure: you'll be contacted by MyZone and we will allow you to exchange your ticket for another date or time.
- Rescheduling day or time: contact MyZone directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. A service fee may apply.
Visitors must arrive within their designated one-hour entry time. The entry time listed on your ticket is not a time slot.
The recommended visit time is up to 90 minutes.
We encourage you to present your ticket on a mobile device, but you can print it out too.
Affected activities and events
- Parking lot: open for visitors
- Outdoor and indoor rentals are available. Visit our outdoor rentals page or indoor rentals page for details. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all indoor rental events of 50 people or more, with the exception of those under the age of 12.
- Group photography is permitted during garden hours. Purchase a photo package at the admission desk. Group photography includes photo shoots for weddings, engagements, family groups, and graduations.
- For more information on our current photography and film options, visit our commercial filming and photography page.
- Maze: open (one person or household at a time)
- The gift shop is now open Friday to Sunday, and on holidays, from 10am to 5pm. Capacity is limited for the safety of all patrons, so you may experience a wait time to enter the shop. Guests will be asked to hand sanitize before entering the gift shop and masks are mandatory. The gift shop is closed Monday to Thursday.
- Truffles Cafe: open with new hours
- Visitor Centre: open for washroom use and entering and exiting the garden
Physical distancing from others
- Masks are mandatory indoors at all times, with the exception of those under the age of 12.
- Markers are placed on the ground to show 2-metre spacing at each queue.
- Stanchions are set up to ensure safe entry and exit of visitors through the Visitor Centre.
- There are no wheelchairs available for borrow.
- All regular garden rules still apply (including no pets, bikes, drones or other equipment). Review our code of conduct.
Cleaning and washrooms
- The Visitor Centre washrooms, portable toilets, high-touch points, and ticketing huts are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day
- The Education Centre washrooms are closed, but there are two portable washrooms within the garden with hand sanitizer and mobile handwashing stations available.
We are not recruiting volunteers at this time. Only a limited number of Park Board and VBGA staff are working on site.
Connect with us
If you require urgent assistance, or have questions that do not relate to online ticketing, reach out to us through our social media channels.