All three subsidies include:
- Strathcona Community Centre Association recreation programs
- Strathcona Fitness Centre passes
If you receive a 50% or 75% subsidy, you will also receive a Leisure Access Program pass.
Who can apply
To apply, you must live within the V6A postal code area and your net family income needs to be less than or equal to the following amounts based on your family size.
Low-income measure (Source: Statistics Canada)
|7 people or more
Family refers to one or two adults, legally married or common-law partners, with children 18 years old and under.
How to apply
Bring the following items to the front desk at Strathcona Community Centre:
- Completed application form (84 KB)
- A copy of your proof of address, such as:
- Bank statement or home utility bill (such as hydro, gas, internet, phone, cell phone, or cable) dated within three months
- Current lease agreement
- Government-issued photo ID
- Photocopy of each tax form:
- Proof of income statement (To request this, log-in to Canada Revenue Agency My Account or phone Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-267-6999 and press 1, then 1, then 2. Provide your Social Insurance Number, date of birth, and your reported income on line 150 of your last tax return.)
- Canada Child Benefit (if applicable)
- If you're a permanent resident or immigrant, a copy of your confirmation of permanent residence
We uphold and enforce the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to ensure any and all personal information is secured and only shared for the purpose it was provided, in accordance with the law. This means:
- We don't disclose personal information.
- We ask for the immigration status of permanent residents and refugees in the LAP self-referred application only to determine eligibility.