What's happeningEnglish Bay Barge
A barge became stranded at Sunset Beach during a windstorm on November 15, 2021.
The barge owner's representative has contracted Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd. (VanPile) to carry out the barge's deconstruction and removal.
For more information about this third-party work, visit VanPile's project website englishbaybarge.ca .
Features at Sunset Beach
- On the Stanley Park Seawall system
- Public washrooms
- Designated quiet beach
- Access to the False Creek Ferry pier
- Lifeguards between Victoria Day and Labour Day (late May to early September)
Not permitted: fishing or harvesting of bivalve mollusks (for example, clams, oysters, mussels)
- No general parking available beginning May 21, 2021
- General parking is available at the Jervis parking lot at Jervis St and Beach Ave. EasyPark manages parking lots in Vancouver's parks, beaches, and theatres. For parking information, hours of operation, and fees visit EasyPark
- Parking is reserved for accessible parking (five stalls) and reserved parking for concessions staff, lifeguards, and the EV charging station