Sunset Rink is part of the Sunset Community Centre — located between Main and Fraser streets on East 51st Avenue.
Sunset Rink amenities
- Ice surface: 200 feet x 85 feet (NHL size)
- Seating: 300
- Ice available all year
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchairs are welcome during public skating sessions. Participants must wear helmets. The person pushing the wheelchair must wear skates.
- Leisure Access Program (LAP)
Helmet policy for skating activities
Anyone participating in skating classes, lessons, and programs must wear a CSA-certified hockey or snowboard helmet. You are also encouraged to wear a helmet at public skate times. Rinks have a limited number of helmets free-of-charge to registered program participants. Cycling helmets are not permitted.
Receive a discount when you buy a helmet
Bring your current Park Board skate lesson registration receipt to these retailers to receive:
- 15% off CSA-certified helmets at Cyclone Taylor Sports in Vancouver
- 20% off a CSA-certified Bauer 2100 helmet at Scoff's Hockey Shop in Burnaby
Find out more about our community centre
The Sunset Community Centre is located at 6810 Main St, Vancouver, BC. 604-718-6505. Amenities include a dance studio, fitness centre, gym, ice rink, and playground.