What you need to know
This program awards seven studios at below-market rates to low-income artists working in any artistic discipline at a critical moment in their career. Studios are leased to the awarded artists for approximately three years.
In recognition of systemic barriers facing racialized artists, the 2022-2025 program will dedicate all seven studios to low-income Vancouver-based artists who are Indigenous and/or racialized. A minimum of three studios will be awarded to xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) artists.
Application deadline: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, at 4pm
Applications are now being accepted.
- Studio images and details available: mid-July 2021
- Deadline for accommodation requests: July 21, 2021
- Application deadline: August 4, 2021, at 4pm
- Council approval and notification: November 2021
- Move-in date for award recipients: April 1, 2022
Since 1995, the Artist Studio Award Program has been a critical part of our effort to provide studio spaces to support artists and their work. The Artist Studio Award Program is one of many programs, awards and services we offer to advance the vision and goals of:
- Making Space for Arts and Culture PDF file (11 MB), Vancouver’s 10 year cultural infrastructure plan
- Culture|Shift: Blanketing the City in Arts and Culture PDF file (12 MB), our 2020-2029 culture plan
What's happeningArtist Studio Award program information sessions
Get arts and culture news
Contact Cultural Services