The Youth Safety and Violence Prevention (YSVP) Strategy PDF file (10.3 MB) goals include:
- Enhancing the safety and well-being of youth in Vancouver
- Addressing the root causes of youth violence
- Identifying community responses that effectively prevent violence occurrence and recurrence
Building Safer Communities Program (BSCP) Grants support the implementation of the focus areas and priorities included in the Youth Safety and Violence Prevention (YSVP) Strategy.
We offer 3 grant streams to support community-based organizations:
- BSCP Organizational and Youth Sector Capacity-building Project Grants support non-profit agencies to improve their ability to deliver youth violence prevention programs.
- BSCP Youth Violence Prevention Program Grants provide multi-year funding to program delivery networks or partnerships for the implementation of early violence prevention programs.
- BSCP Youth Engagement Project Grants support youth-led projects that increase a sense of safety and belonging among Vancouver youth.
Social Policy Grants
Information icon Include “BSCP grants” in the subject line.