Community garden at Beaconsfield Park
The Italian Cultural Centre developed a proposal for a new community garden at Beaconsfield Park.
Following a public consultation process with residents, the Vancouver Park Board approved the project on January 20, 2014.
The community garden will be built in spring 2014.
The approved concept for the garden includes the following amenities:
- Over 40 community garden beds for users of all abilities and age groups
- Programmed spaces for demonstration, teaching, and children
- Portion of food grown will support nearby community programs
- Pollinator gardens
- Decorative fencing
- Tool storage shed, compost production spaces, bench seating
How to get a garden plot
To get involved with the community garden project or get a plot, please contact the Italian Cultural Centre.
Next phase of development
The Park Board will consider these features during a future phase of development:
- An accessible walking path that connects the garden to nearby facilities
- A bake oven to support community food programming
- A community orchard