Planning for summer camp 2021 is underway:
- Community centres across Vancouver will host a variety of summer camps.
- No public transit or charter buses will be used.
- Children will be divided into pods of seven and have a designated leader all week.
Note Children must have completed kindergarten and be eligible for grade 1 to register for camp.
Summer camp registration dates vary by community centre.
Camp is very popular and spots fill up fast. Please call your local centre for their specific registration date.
Registration will be available online, by phone, and in person. New to the online registration system? View our registration tips
Day camp guidelines
- Children, youth, and parents will be asked to arrive at designated check-in/out locations on staggered schedules.
- Day camp leaders (one leader per seven children) will guide children to designated and physical distanced activity areas marked with clear signage.
- All day camp activities will be COVID-19 (Coronavirus) compliant and based on Provincial Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health, and BC Recreation and Parks Association guidelines External website, opens in new tab.
- Parents will complete a daily verbal health screening with staff, who will document responses and retain for records.
- Children will be assigned individual bags of supplies, such as scissors and markers, for use throughout the week and stored on site. At the end of each week, items will be disinfected to allow use by another child.
- Sports equipment will be stored in bins and cleaned after use.
- Clear instructions on hand washing before and after each activity will be provided and children directed to avoid physical touching and to practice physical distancing.
- High touch surfaces will be regularly cleaned.
The day camp will operate rain or shine. Parents and guardians will receive an email of the Parent Communication/Policy manual and forms prior to camp, outlining camp expectations and guidelines.