Donating securities and estate gifts to the Vancouver Park Board

Donating and volunteering

Create a lasting gift by preserving Vancouver’s urban parks and recreation facilities for generations to come.

By including the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation in your estate plans, you can be part of Vancouver’s unique position as one of the most liveable cities in the world.

Providing a gift through your will

You can leave a pre-determined sum of money or a percentage of your estate to the Vancouver Park Board.

When you leave a gift in your will to the Vancouver Park Board, a tax receipt will be issued to your estate.

Naming the Park Board as the beneficiary for your life insurance policy

When you specify the Vancouver Park Board as the irrevocable beneficiary of your life insurance policy, you will receive a tax receipt for the amount of premiums you pay each year.

To ensure your donation is directed to the Vancouver Park Board, your financial planner will require the board's mailing address:

Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation
2099 Beach Ave
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4

Donating publicly-traded securities

A gift of publicly-traded securities is the transfer of ownership of stocks or bonds to a qualified donee.

When you donate publicly traded securities to the Vancouver Park Board, you will not pay tax on the capital gain and you will receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock, just as if your gift had been a cash donation.

Email the following completed form to donate publicly-traded securities. We require that the security details on this form be reviewed by City of Vancouver-Treasury in advance of signing and executing the transfer.

Note In order to receive the tax benefits, publicly-traded securities must be transferred and not cashed first. Please advise your broker that you wish to donate publicly-traded securities to the City of Vancouver c/o the Vancouver Park Board.

Did you know?

Donations to municipalities are tax deductible.

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency to learn more

Tax receipts will be sent by mail for all donations of $25 or more. Tax receipts for gifts under $25 are mailed on request.

Contact Fundraising and Development

Phone: 604-257-8513