Community garden at Kingcrest Park
The Cedar Cottage Food Network Society developed a proposal for a new community garden at Kingcrest Park.
Following a public consultation process with residents, the Vancouver Park Board approved the project on March 31, 2014.
The community garden will be built in summer 2014.
Proposed garden features
The approved concept for the garden includes the following amenities:
- Over 20 community garden beds and accessible pathways for users of all abilities and age groups
- Demonstration plots used for teaching and children’s programming
- Pollinator gardens to support beneficial insects and birds
- Decorative fencing with espaliered fruit-bearing trees and shrubs
- Compost production spaces and bench seating
- A portion of the food grown will support nearby community programs
How to get a garden plot
To get involved with the community garden project or get a plot, please contact the Cedar Cottage Food Network Society.