Building resilience capacity that empowers community organizations and neighbourhood services to respond to the unique challenges faced by their communities.
This program is built on the knowledge that during crises, people go to the places and people they trust to meet their needs.
The Resilient Neighbourhoods Program supports over 15 community-based organizations across Vancouver to:
- Amplify and align current resilience-building initiatives on a community and neighbourhood level.
- Support neighbourhoods to examine and reduce chronic issues.
- Build neighbourhood capacity to collectively prepare for, respond to, and recover from extreme heat and other emergencies.
Across the city, people and organizations are fighting to stay in the place they love, and are committed to bolstering their communities to address future changes.
We are launching a series of initiatives under this program, designed to:
- Support neighbourhoods to examine and reduce chronic issues
- Support and amplify current resilience-building initiatives
- Build neighbourhood capacity to collectively plan and prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies