- Applications open on October 16, 2023
- Applications close on November 14, 2023
Information icon All applications will be submitted through VanApply.
2023 SIP grant focus: Anti-Black racism
Based on the recommendations outlined in the interim anti-Black racism report PDF file (377 KB) and learnings from the Equity Framework PDF file (4 MB), this year's SIP grant primarily supports capacity-building projects within self-defined Black-led and Black-serving organizations in the nonprofit sector of the city.
We ask that Black nonprofit organizations examine what gaps exist within their structures and decide on what the most helpful use of funds will be.
Examples may include:
- Hiring a consultant to address strategic planning needs
- Creating internship opportunities
- Strengthening organizational structures
- Streamlining governance issues
Information icon The timeline to conduct the project will be 6 months, and applicants are encouraged to consider how their organizational needs and desires align with the goals of the SIP grant.
Review past projects funded through the Social Innovation Project grants: