The Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) Grant funds projects that:
- Support the principles, goals, and actions outlined in the Vancouver Food Strategy and aim to address issues such as food access, diversity of voices and inclusion, and resilience
- Support organizations that build coalitions of community members and organizations, agencies or businesses with the aim of working collaboratively to achieve food systems goals
- Increase access to healthy, affordable, and culturally diverse food for residents
- Promote inclusion, participation, celebration, skill-building, or community capacity-building;
- Operate at the neighbourhood scale
|Next grant intake||Fall 2021|
From 2018-2020, the SFS Grant was offered as a closed grant on a three-year cycle, providing opportunity for annual renewal to the applicants originally awarded the grant in 2018.
Given the many changes in program operations in 2020 due to COVID-19 impacts, the grant cycle was extended for one additional year (2021). Should you be interested in this applying for this grant, check back in early September for information about 2022 funding.