- Term: Summer 2022 to 2025
- Applications open: Tuesday, March 15, 2022
- Application deadline: Friday, April 22, 2022 at 4:30pm
Important note All applications must be submitted through VanApply.
The Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) Grant is a funding stream supporting neighbourhood and community-scale efforts that facilitate community connectedness and catalyze action, knowledge, and skill-building on food system issues.
The SFS Grant funds work that:
- Supports the principles, goals, and actions outlined in the Vancouver Food Strategy 2013 and 2017, and aims to address issues such as food access, diversity of voices and inclusion, and resilience
- Supports organizations that build coalitions of community members and organizations, agencies, or businesses with the aim of working collaboratively to achieve food systems goals
- Addresses systemic barriers to community access of healthy, affordable, and culturally diverse food for residents
- Promotes inclusion, participation, celebration, skill-building, or community capacity-building
- Operates at the neighbourhood or community scale
Social Policy Grants